Because of the title, you know I bought a new video card and decided to write a long article about it. We’ll start with:
I don’t know what crossfire is, but what is it?
AMD CrossFireX and AMD CrossFire were two technologies made by AMD that let you combine two or more video cards into a single system to build models and improve your computer’s 3D graphics. Of course, this is mostly for people who like to play games, and not the poorest people, because the video cards and motherboards that can do this are at least in the middle class. You should know more than the price before you buy, and now we’ll talk about them.
What you need to buy for the system unit to work with CrossFireX is
In that case, I’ll write down the things we need for CrossFireX first:
- The motherboard.
- A power source.
- more video cards.
- The motherboard (can be purchased at OGO.ru). As long as you read the specifications carefully on the manufacturer’s website before buying one of these things, it should be easy to find out what you need. Stores often hide important information. It’s the first thing that needs to be done. In order to use CrossFireX, you need two full PCI-E x16 ports on your motherboard that can be used together in pairs. At least two full PCI-E x16 ports must be available, but at least two full PCI-E x8 ports can also be used in pairs. The difference in speed will be a few percent, but it’s still one place. People who buy computers at stores often don’t know that two of the three PCI-E x16 ports work in x4 mode. Even though they can still be used, because of the poor use of other video cards, they aren’t the best choice. If you want to build CrossFireX, you’ll have to buy another video card to make it work. If they write about it in the “Additional Information” section, it should be there at the very least. But in practice, it’s not. So, don’t be afraid to go to the official website of the manufacturer and look at the details of the motherboard you’re going to buy, because the manufacturer has to say what the real data is there. This is what I found on the Gigabyte website: If you want to make your search a little easier, there is already a list of chipsets that support crossfire X technology. This is just a rough list, so check out the final support manufacturer’s website to see which chip sets they support.
- There is a power supply unit (bought on OGO.ru). In the past, I’ve already written about it, so I won’t go into detail about how it happened now. There will be two video cards, as well as cables to connect the extra power and power for the other video card. When you choose, keep this in mind (and this video card). The range is from +100 to 350W.
- The video card (bought on OGO.ru). I make everything easy. Technical help is needed first. People call it “CrossFireX,” which Cape always has. This is how it shows up: The video card must have the right connector for the crossfire bridge connection. Ideal: It is best to use two video cards that are the same. You can mix and match different types of video cards, but even though they will work together perfectly, more powerful video cards will not be able to show off their full abilities because they will have to work with less powerful cards. There is no point in talking about the company. When I buy AMD cards, I try to take Sapphire with me because they are an official partner of the company (as for Asus and Nvidia). Because of a deal with AMD, the box that comes with the video card has to have a jumper that lets you connect other video cards to CrossFireX. Is it like this?
How to connect and set up CrossFireX
I think the theory is enough, so let’s move on to practice, or to connecting and putting things together.
- There are connectors that can handle x16 video cards (or x8). For this, it might be a good idea to read the instructions on the motherboard. On my Gigabyte card, these connectors are marked PCIE X16 1 and PCIE X16 2. Connectors that work in x4 mode are marked PCIE X4 1 and PCIE X4 2.
- Put it in so that the latch on the connector works. To make the Motherboard less stressed, you should patch the back of the case with a patch on the left side of the retainer plate.
- This is how you get into Windows: AMD Catalyst TM 14.1 Beta Driver: I have the latest beta drivers installed. When I opened the control panel, I saw the CrossFireX connection and was asked if I wanted to enable it. I had to press the “Go” button. Requires:
If that doesn’t happen to you, you can open the AMD Catalyst Control Center manually. In the “Performance” section, click on AMD CrossFireX.
Dot “Enable AMD CrossFireX” and check the box “Enable AMD CrossFireX for applications that have no relevant application profile” in this area. Then, click “Apply” on the bottom of the screen.
That’s all. You can buy everything you need at the OGO.ru store. I hope this article was helpful to you, so click on one of the buttons below to share it with your friends. Then, enter your email address in the field on the right and sign up for the site’s news.
Ati didn’t do very well in the late ’90s. In 1999, Nvidia came out with Riva TNT2 and GeForce 256. 3dfx, another competitor, came up with SLI technology in 1998, which allows Voodoo2 to run two video cards at the same time on one computer. ATI can only offer RAGE 128. (and shortly after the overclocked PRO version). Was a time when no one came up with new ideas. They knew that they were going to be out of business soon, so they decided to copy 3dfx’s SLI technology and make a “two-headed” ATI RAGE FURY MAXX video card. It had two RAGE 128 PRO GPUs. The whole process of making video chips was called MAXX (Multiple ASIC technology), and it was all software. Each of the GPUs makes a complete frame, and when it appears on the screen, it all works together. In fact, it was a technology called AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering) that is still used today, and it is still used.